- Games with Gold & PS Plus Full List
Updated 28th Feb: GwG updated and and the voting window extended
- Can You Kick(Starter) It? – 28th Feb 2014
Sarah looks at the projects that need your help
- Speedrunners preview
TinyBuildGames competitive runner
- RETROspective – Thief
In the first of a new series Billy looks back at the stealth classic
- What’s In The Box? – 06/02/2014
Ultima tely #SOON is now
- Can You Kick(starter) It? – January 2014
Kicking It – Project Style
- Community Predictions: Looking Back, Looking Ahead…
Craig goes crystal balls deep
- Comparing Generations
Taking the leap to the next gen
- 2014 – The Year of the Gamer
Much Goodness Incoming
- Quick Look: Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
A Quick peek
- What’s In The Box? – 20th December 2013
Oli unboxes Santas Sack
- MLG CA 2013 – Game of the Year
- MLG CA Game of the Generation Award
Game of the Generation
- MLG CA 2013 – Silver Award
- MLG CA 2013 – Most Anticipated Title Part 1
- MLG CA 2013 – Most Anticipated Title Part 2
- MLG CA 2013 – Bronze Award
The Last of Us
- MLG CA 2013 – Stinker Award
On Earth, everyone can hear you cry.
- What’s in the Box? – 4th December 2013
Greatness Awaits an Unboxing
- MLG CA 2013 – 4th Place
- MLG CA 2013 – 5th Place
Thomas Was Alone
- MLG CA 2013 – 6th Place
- MLG CA 2013 – 7th Place
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- MLG CA 2013 – 8th Place
- MLG CA 2013 – 9th Place
- MLG CA 2013 – Joint 10th Place Part 2
- MLG CA 2013 – Joint 10th Place Part 1
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Blast Processing Episode 7
Technical issue resolved, episode 7 of Blast Processing is finally here.
- Teej Tests…..DLC Quest
Teej downloads some DLC
- Midlife Gamer Community Awards 2013
Sit back, relax and prepare for the awards ceremony
- Blast Processing Episode 6
Steve can’t stop killing people and a new NPC is found in a strange area of the forest.
- What’s Your Moral Code?
Choices, Choices everywhere
- Teej Tests…..Gamecity
We send Teej into an expo full of Indie Goodness
- Blast Processing Episode 5
The adventure truly begins.
- Microburst: The Undead
The Zombies are coming
- Rocksmith 2014 Edition Review
Can learning be fun?
- MLGX – Thank You Midlife Gamer
Oli unboxes his final MLGX video
- Gone Home: A game for your consideration.
Who says you can’t go home?
- Reloaded: Bulletstorm
Killing with Skill gets a second chance
- Blast Processing Episode 4
The NPCs are out of the caves, the stranger is revealed and Player 1 and another, mystery Player make an appearance.
- MLG Meets…The Trade In Detectives
Sniffing out a good deal
- Blast Processing Episode 3
It turns out there are strange people in caves.
- The Hearthstone Journey – England v Germany
A Battle for the Ages
- Midlife Gamer Community Awards 2013 Launched
Time to cast your votes
- Blast Processing Episode 2
Introducing Player 1.
- Oli’s Hearthstone Journey – The Arena
Oli is sharpening his skills
- MLGX – Brothers in Tanks
Join Oli for a story from MLGX
- Blast Processing Pilot (Episode 0+1)
Blast Processing is here!
- MLGX – Oli Meets Pavel Kulikov
Oli reveals some exclusives
- Teej Tests…..Mechanician Alex
Teej helps Alex find his tools
- Virgin Media Game Space
A Prelude to Eurogamer
- Oli’s Hearthstone Journey
We know whats in this box and it’s awesome
- Game Conference 2013
Community Member neilmat sees the future and he likes it
- Blast Processing Perfect Day Trailer
Blast Processing Release Date Announced in New Trailer.
- What’s In The Box? – 26th August 2013
Oli unboxes a games conference
- Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds DLC: A Few Thoughts
Take to the skies once more
- Reloaded: Alpha Protocol
Obsidian’s Stealth RPG enters the 2nd Chance Saloon
- Teej Tests…..Apocalyptic Path: Trails of Fears
How to confuse Teej in one easy lesson
- Teej Tests…..The Showdown Effect
Warning: Grumpy Gamer Girl Alert
- Reloaded: Dragon Age 2
CraigieH looks back at Bioware’s sequel
- Rezzed 2013: The Midlife Gamer day trip
Man Date Time
- Teej Tests…..Thomas Was Alone
Teej gives Thomas some company
- Teej Tests…..Coconut Dodge Revitalized
In the 1st of a new series Teej Tests the endless dodger
- Sony E3 Press Conference Write-up
- Microsoft E3 Press Conference Write-up
One console to rule them all?
- Drowning in Funk
Craigie H tries to get the Funk out
- Freebie Friday – 19th April 2013
It’s that time of week again
- Freebie Friday – 12th April 2013
A Classic feel for this edition of FF
- What’s In The Box – 9th April 2013
2 for the price of 1
- MidWife Gamer: A Confession
Did something happen yesterday?
- 8 Bit Adventures: The Big Day Arrives
Who’s the Daddy?
- One Handed Gaming: 10 Games to Play Whilst Bottle Feeding
Need something to do in the middle of the night?
- What’s in the Box – A Special Unboxing
Extra MWG Unboxings
- The Midwife Gamer Babies – Picture Quiz Competition
Can you name the Midwife Gamer staff from their baby photos?
- Gaming versus Drugs – Digital Pain Relief
An Official Study
- What’s In The Box – 24th March 2013
The most Epic unboxing to date
- Freebie Friday 22nd March
Forget George Osbourne, we have the games for all budgets
- What’s In The Box – 13th March 2013
Another unboxing video from the master of the butter knife
- Freebie Friday – 8th March 2013
Filling up your game collection without emptying your wallet
- Freebie Friday – 1st March 2013
Gratis Gaming Time
- Freebie Friday – 22nd February 2013
Sony may give you the future, but we give you the free stuff
- Freebie Friday – 15th February 2013
Feel the love of Free Games
- Midlife Gamer Comic Club: February
Would you eat anything to get answers?
- Freebie Friday – 8th February 2013
It’s Friday. It’s Gratis Gaming Day
- What’s In The Box – 4th February 2013
An epic unboxing from the Master
- Freebie Friday – 25th January 2013
We really shouldn’t have taken that Red pill
- What’s In The Box – 16th January
An Unplanned Unboxing
- MLG Game of the Year – Gold Award
The communities one true choice
- MLG Game of Year – Honourable Mentions
The best of the rest
- What’s In The Box?
What’s in Olis box?
- MLG Game of Year – Silver Award
The vault hunters find silver
- The Crystal Ball
Dashboxer looks ahead to the coming year
- MLG Game of Year – Stinker Award
The farce is strong in this one
- MLG Game of Year – Bronze Award
Shepard and Friends take home the bronze
- MLG Game of Year – 4th Place
XCOM invades the GotY proceedings
- MLG Game of the Year – 5th Place
Subset Games maiden voyage kicks off our top 5
- Midlife Gamer Comic Club: January
Unlocke a new hobby in 2013
- Turtle Beach XP500 7.1 Surround Sound Headset Review
The Swiss Army knife of headsets?
- MLG Game of the Year – 6th Place
Insanity becomes popular
- MLG Game of The Year – 7th Place
Halo is Dead, Long Live Halo
- MLG Game of The Year – 8th Place
Digging Minecraft Style
- MLG Game of The Year – 9th Place
Let Sleeping Dogs lie
- MLG Game of the Year – 10th Place
We begin our GotY journey with a Journey
- Midlife Gamer Meets: James Whitehead
Risen from the Ashes : Midlife Gamer Interview with Big Sky Infinity Developer
- Dark Souls II Announced
Community member Onion Murders likes his deaths less straightforward
- Freebie Friday 14th December 2012
Christmas comes early for zero cost gamers
- Bioshock Infinite Box Art Revealed
Pandering to the Crowd?
- Freebie Friday – 7th December 2012
Are you on Santas Naughty List? Then check out this batch of Zero cost gaming
- I, Gamer: Serendipity
- Freebie Friday – 30th November 2012
Getting your gaming on for the best price possible
- Wii U is it for U?
Community Member neilmat unboxes a Wii U
- A Change from the Norm
Community Member CraigieH looks at the shift in Game of the Year Contenders
- Touch Tech & Gaming
Community Member munkimatt explores Touch Gaming
- Nintendo WiiU Community Day
Community member Type40_Dashboxer gets infected at the Wii U Community Day
- MidlifeGamer Community Awards 2012
Cast your vote
- I Gamer: All our Yesterdays
Things were different in my day
- Freebie Friday – 23rd November 2012
More Zero Cost Gaming
- I, Gamer: A New Revolution
Viva La Revolution…Again?
- Freebie Friday – 16th November 2012
Time to go on a road trip
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Launch Party
Midlife Gamer attends the Black Ops 2 Launch party
- I, Gamer: The Selfish Gamer
Community Member Altered Ego looks at the effect gaming has on his life.
- I, Gamer: Curismoshity
What’s in the box? What’s in the god damn box?
- I, Gamer: It Got Game
Community member AlteredEgo looks at the evolution of a genre
- Voice Recognition – An interview with Dave Fennoy
We talk to The Walking Dead’s voice actor
- Prison Architect Preview
- Anything you can do….Part Four: Jeff Green
Jeff Green talks to us about his experience with game development with a game journalism background.
- Anything you can do….Part Three: Ashton Raze
Ashton Raze talks to us about his experience with game development with a game journalism background.
- Anything you can do….Part Two: CY Reid
CY Reid talks to us about his experience with game development with a game journalism background.
- Anything you can do….Part One: Justin Towell
Justin Towell talks to us about his experience with game development with a game journalism background.
- 8Bit Adventures: Medal of Honor Warfighter Release Celebration
8 bit Greg and Steve get excited for Warfighter.
- For Those About To Rock Part 1
Simon begins his quest with Rocksmith to become a Rock God.
- The 8Bit Adventures: The Proposal
Neale has proposed to Peeny in New Zealand, but before that Neale and Greg had a practise session.
- Eurogamer Expo 2012 : Digi’s Diary Day 2 – Saturday
Digis back with the scoop on day 2
- Eurogamer Expo 2012 : Digi’s Diary Day 1 – Friday
Digi recounts his day 1 experience
- The Midlife Gamer Pile of Win Charity Drive Begins
8Bit Greg and Neale are back to kick off the Pile of Win charity drive.
- Midlife Gamer Competition 8Bit Reminder
The 8bit duo return to remind you of the Half Minute Hero competition.
- Midlife Gamer Competition 8Bit Announcement
The cat’s out of the bag. The competition is live.
- Midlife Gamer Competition 8Bit Teaser Ep3
The 8bit duo list off what they can do in 30 seconds.
- Midlife Gamer Competition 8Bit Teaser Ep2
Episode 2 of the 8bit teasers for an upcoming compeition is here.
- Midlife Gamer Competition 8Bit Teaser Ep1
8Bit Greg and Neale are here to tease an upcoming competition.
- The 2012 Midlife Gamer Eurogamer Expo Meet-ups & Party!
All the details about this year’s Midlife Gamer meet-ups and events at Eurogamer Expo 2012.
- RaiderZ: Sneak Peek Video Preview
DigitalPariah talks you through what you can expect from free to play MMO, RaiderZ.
- The 8Bit Adventures: Greg’s Birthday
A very special video to stroke Greg’s ego.
- Midlife Gamer Pile of Win
Details about our charity drive to turn your pile of shame into something positive.
- DUST 514 Preview
The start of a revolution?
- Retro Games Night
Chris Cook (BlueWolf) investigates the retro gaming event at Birmingham’s Retro World.
- Midlife Gamer Community Let’s Play: DayZ Finale
The final episode.
- Midlife Gamer Community Let’s Play: DayZ
Midlife Gamer DayZ: Day 2 – Jesus Christ Fenton!
- Richard and Alice Preview
Baby, it’s cold outside.
- Midlife Gamer Community Let’s Play: DayZ
ShatnerzBassoon, HunterVP, Tilt and Tepic take on the zombie horde.
- 2012 – Lost in Transition
Chris Cook (BlueWolf) shares his opinion on the Summer lull, E3 and next gen.
- Introducing The Midlife Gamer Comic Club
Join in with the Midlife Gamer Comic Club.
- Midlife Gamer Spoiler Alert: Prototype 2
Prototype 2 gets the Spoiler Alert treatment.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Analyse: Tomb Raider E3 Footage
Greg Steve check out the E3 footage of Tomb Raider.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Analyse: The Last of Us E3 2012 Footage
Greg and Steve check out The Last of Us E3 footage.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Analyse: Watch Dogs E3 2012 Footage
Greg and Steve take a look at the E3 footage of Watch Dogs.
- The Other Games of E3 – Nintendo
Trailers for many of the other Nintendo related games covered at E3.
- The Other Games of E3 – Sony
Trailers for many of the other Sony related games covered at E3.
- The Other Games of E3 – Microsoft
Trailers for many of the other Microsoft related games covered at E3.
- EA E3 Conference Video
Check out the full EA E3 conference.
- Nintendo E3 Conference Write-up
The lowdown on Nintendo’s 2012 E3 conference.
- Nintendo E3 Conference Live Blog
Our live blogging continues for the Nintendo E3 conference.
- Sony E3 Conference Live Blog
Greg Giddens live blogs the Sony E3 conference.
- Ubisoft E3 Conference Write-up
The lowdown on Ubisoft’s 2012 E3 conference.
- Ubisoft E3 Conference Live Blog and Stream
The live stream and blog for the Ubisoft E3 conference.
- Microsoft E3 Conference Write-up
The lowdown on the Microsoft E3 conference.
- MCM Expo – Review
Our man in the field reports back from MCM Expo.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 15
The final episode of Let’s Play Snatcher.
- Gemini Wars Preview
An indie Space RTS that’s looking mighty impressive.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 14
We find and storm the Snatcher HQ.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 13
Act 2 comes to a close.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Multiplayer Preview
We check out the upcoming multiplayer for Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
- DiRT Showdown Event – UK Tournament
Adamski reports on the Dirt Showdown tournament.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 12
The Let’s Play continues.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 11
A Bank Holiday Special Snatcher Let’s Play episode.
- Fight Club – Lovefilm Versus Netflix
SiStevens explores the benefits of the two streaming services, Netflix and Lovefilm.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 10
The snatcher play-through continues.
- Midlife Gamer Plays Monster Hunter Tri: The Reunion
This time… They’re older.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 9
The Snatcher Let’s Play continues.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 8
Greg and Steve begin act 2 of Snatcher.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 7
Greg and Steve finish act 1 in Snatcher.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 6
Greg and Steve begin to close in on a real Snatcher.
- The Great Work The SpecialEffect Charity Does
SpecialEffect’s recent efforts and why our avatars changed for a day.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 5
I know you missed them but the wait is over. Steve and Greg are back.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play Snatcher Episode 4
Greg and Steve continue their play-through of Snatcher.
- Abobo’s Big Adventure: Episode 4
The end of the end.
- Abobo’s Big Adventure: Episode 3
- Abobo’s Big Adventure: Episode 2
2nd best wrestling game of 2012. Calling it early.
- Antman Rages: End of Season 1
The end of the beginning?
- Let’s Play: Snatcher Episode 3
Greg and Steve continue their Snatcher play-through.
- What is Dear Esther?
Altered Ego plays through Dear Esther and shares his experience.
- Antman Rages: Episode 21
It’s Boshy Time.
- Antman Rages: Episode 20
Antman can stop whenever he wants.
- Antman Rages: Episode 19
Is the game finally getting to antman?
- Let’s Play: Snatcher Episode 2
Greg and Steve crack on with another 30 minute session of Snatcher.
- Antman Rages: Episode 18
Bullet Time the Third.
- Spoiler Alert – MGS HD Collection
MGS HD gets the Spoiler Alert treatment.
- Antman Rages: Episode 17
Murder on the dancefloor.
- Antman Rages: Episode 16
Monotony: The musical
- Antman Rages: Episode 15
- Let’s Play: Snatcher Episode 1
Greg Giddens and Steve Peacock begin their play through of Snatcher.
- Midlife Gamer Let’s Play
Let’s play archive
- Skyrim Creation Kit is Here to Blow Your Mind
Freelancer Ian Brown takes a look at the Skyrim Creation kit.
- Antman Rages: Episode 14
Antman has risen again like zombie Jesus.
- PS Vita Reviews Round-Up
We take a look at a selection of reviews for some PS Vita launch titles.
- Mercurio Silver on…
Mercurio Silver on…
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase Archive
Midlife Gamer Video Showcase Archive
- Antman Rages Season 1
Antman Rages Season 1.
- It’s The End of The World as We Know It, and I Feel Prepared
Are wastelands starting to get boring?
- Antman Rages: Episode 13
Unlucky for some…
- 8 Realms Preview
Getting your strategy fix, for free.
- Antman Rages: Episode 12
Nobody makes the first jump.
- Podcast Episode 168 – Non Sequitur
Bondage gear confessions, 80′s action heroes & 90′s dance music. Oh and games too…
- Antman Rages: Episode 11
Bullet time 2: Electric boogaloo.
- Antman Rages: Episode 10
The morning after the night before.
- Antman Rages: Episode 9
Antman + booze = win?
- Antman Rages: Episode 8
It’s Bossy time!
- Antman Rages: Episode 7
Govomg the keyboard some recovery time.
- Demo Dissection – The Darkness 2
Neale Jarrett gives you the low down on the Darkness 2 demo.
- Antman Rages: Episode 6
- Antman Rages: Episode 5
5-4-3-2-1. Sounds easy right? Wrong!
- Dizzy Competition
Win some Dizzy T-shirts and badges in our latest competition.
- Antman Rages: Episode 4
Hard times indeed.
- Antman Rages: Episode 3
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword hasn’t met THIS guy.
- Antman Rages: Episode 2
Things get harder, tempers are frayed.
- Antman Rages: Episode 1
One angry man sets out on an annoying journey.
- Spoiler Alert – Saints Row The Third
Saints Row gets the Spoiler Alert treatment.
- Podcast Episode 167 – The Drop
We present DVD Screensavers, music genre confusion and a miracle… in Comic Sans.
- The Midlife Gamer Community End of Year Awards
The community awards are in.
- Late to the Party: Bayonetta
The Game of the Month Podcast but with a different name.
- Podcast Episode 166 – Stayin’ Alive
Your hosts reflect on the highs & lows of their gaming in 2011.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Antman records a group of the Midlife Gamer clan as they take on a flashpoint.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Trine 2
Trine 2 is back with a vengeance!
- The Midlife Gamer Game of the Year Awards: The Result
We reveal Midlife Gamer’s 2011 GOTY.
- The Midlife Gamer Game of the Year Awards: Honourable Mentions
We take a special video look at some great games that didn’t quite hit GOTY status.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: X3: Albion Prelude
Space… The final front ear.
- Podcast Episode 165 – I, Lobot
We bring you a festive show, live from another country!?
- Podcast Episode 164 – The Gibb-Factor
It’s just our jive talkin’…
- Spoiler Alert Podcast – Skyrim
We are Dragonborn.
- Podcast Episode 163 – Ooh Shiny!
Listen to this lovely newness in all its glory, before something else gets your attention.
- Podcast Episode 162 – Nordgasm
or: Matt & Daren Thu’um it in.
- Xbox LIVE LYNX Player Finale 2011
Adamski attends the Xbox Live LYNX player finale.
- Game of the Month Podcast – Batman: Arkham Asylum
October’s Game of the Month Podcast.
- Football Manager Handheld 2012 Interview
A club in your hands.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Battlefield 3 (PC)
Pew pewing has never looked so good.
- Podcast Episode 161 – Bullet Point Central
Half-arsed podcasting at its finest!
- Podcast Episode 160 – Money Hats
Who said money can’t buy you happiness?
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Payday: The Heist
Get in, get the cash and get out in 90 seconds or you’ll be in the slammer getting a meat injection from some guy called Knuckles.
- A Night at the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony
The importance of music.
- Saints Row: The Third Preview
Threequel Season 2011 is about to get Saintly
- Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta Preview
We get hands-on with the multiplayer Beta of Uncharted 3.
- Podcast Episode 158 – Heavy Petting
You can’t ignore the signs, this must be underwater love!
- Game of the Month Audio DLC: Assassin’s Creed
The Game of the Month podcast crew discuss September’s title, Assassin’s Creed.
- Goin’ Postal: An Insight into Renting Games
Blue Wolf talks renting and video games with Boomerang
- Podcast Episode 157 – Budgie Smugglers
Good things come in small packages…that bulge!
- Battlefield 3 Preview
BF3 Preview- The Battles, The Beta, The Bugs!
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Trackmania 2 Canyon
Threading the needle at 400mph.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Train Simulator 2012
Want to know what Daren dreams about?
- Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle Preview
A pirate’s life for me.
- Podcast Episode 156 – Glory Hole
Matt investigates Daren’s aperture…. for science!
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations Preview- Hook, (Zip) Line and Sinker!
Really Revel in the Revolutionary Revelations of… well, Revelation.
- Interview: Puny Human on Blade Symphony
We interview Puny Human about their up-coming PC fighter, Blade Symphony.
- Stand back! This is going to look so cool
Exploring parkour in games.
- Fifa 12 Preview- So What’s New?
Dribbling, Defence and Daring Encounters in Fifa 12
- An Evening At (PlayStation) Home
Who said you can’t go back home?
- GAMEFest 2011
Matt Pitman checks out GAMEFest
- Eurogamer 2011 – Bioware Dev Session
Dr Ray Muzyka and Dr Greg Zeschuk tell us a little about Bioware and their IPs.
- Batman Arkham City Hands-On Preview
The Bat and Cat… Sounds like a pub to me.
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Preview
Snake… Snake… SNAKE! Now in HD!
- Micro Your Macro: Week 6
Zerg is so OP it broke my hard drive.
- Podcast Episode 155 – Ooh Friend!
Your hosts have a man-date with the promise of some awesome gaming…
- Podcast Episode 154 – Let’s Connect!
We present two of the least talented performers in the UK…. and Jedward.
- A Street Cleaners Life for Me
Greg sets off on a new job to clean streets and ends up murdering some poor soul.
- Micro Your Macro: Week 5
Week 5 of MYM with special guest MantisMat.
- Podcast Episode 153 – Golden Sample
LARPing and Mills & Boon confusion. Where else but here!
- OmnomBot Preview
Greg delves in the Meat Feast that is OmnomBot
- Mercurio on Fear
Mercurio Silver take a look at the emotion of fear.
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Age of Empires Online
The legendary RTS Age of Empires is revived as a MMORTS.
- Podcast Episode 152 – OM NOM NOM!
The boys commit a cardinal sin of podcasting by eating food while recording…. yummy!
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Tropico 4
Fancy yourself a good dictator? Tropico 4 awaits.
- Retrospective – Overlord
Cynical Hunter looks back at Overlord.
- Love thy neighbour, or catch ‘em with a headshot?
Carl Lockley’s Experiences on the Online Multiplayer World
- Podcast Episode 151 – Cincinatti Bowtie
Fitness, cooking tips, DIY, submissive tendencies… we’ve got it all here!
- Serial [port] gamer – Multiplayer retrospective
Remembering the routes of multiplayer gaming.
- Micro Your Macro: Week 4
The end of the beginning for antman.
- GoddTodd visits Playland Not At The Beach – Part 2
- GoddTodd visits Playland Not At The Beach – Part 1
The adventures of GoddTodd continue.
- Micro Your Macro: Week 3
It could all be coming together for antman in his penultimate week.
- Podcast Episode 150 – One Fiddy
Another milestone reached. Listen, and enjoy the celebrations with your beloved hosts!
- Midlife Gamer Video Showcase: Kerbal Space Program(KSP)
Space. The final frontier.
- Mercurio on DRM
Mercurio doesn’t like DRM. It compromises his…alone time.
- Micro Your Macro: Week 2
In only week 2, antman is now earning £45k per year in tournament fees. Not really, he’s still crap.
- Podcast Episode 149 – Mellow Bird
Join your hosts for a show filled with memorable games & forgettable names.
- GoddTodd Goes To CAL EXTREME 2011
GoddTodd tells of his Pinball adventures.
- Micro Your Macro: Week 1
Can Antman make it into the big leagues of Starcraft 2? Probably not, but laugh at his struggle here.
- Game Releases 2011: What’s a Midlife Gamer to do?
So many games and so little time.
- Podcast Episode 148 – All Aboard!
Your beloved hosts reflect on another week of gaming, with a liberal splash of adult fun.
- An Investigation into the MLG Downtime
The truth is out there.
- Podcast Episode 146 – Stirring the porridge
Two gamers, a wedding and an ice cream van. Your week just got awesomer!
- Game of the Month Audio DLC: WET
Is it worth getting soaked for?
- Mercurio on Journalism
Mercurio shares his thoughts on journalism.
- A Truckers Life for Me Episode 2
Greg’s final day trucking.
- MLG Video Showcase: Team Fortress 2
Now free to play, Team Fortress 2 gives a lot of bang for your buck.
- Podcast Episode 145 – The Wink
Those naughty boys bring you another dose of cheeky gaming chat.
- Party in my Dorm … or not
A brief look at A Thinking Ape Inc’s Party in my Dorm.
- Mercurio on Steam Release Locks
Are Steam region locks reason enough to go to war? Mercurio thinks so.
- MLG Video Showcase: Solar 2
A quick video look at Solar 2 by Murudai.
- iPod Touch as a Gaming Console?
Don’t forget iOS devices for your gaming needs.
- A Truckers Life for Me Episode 1
He’s tried farming now join Greg as he becomes a trucker.
- Podcast Episode 143 – Geek Boner
Gaming chat, geeky goodness and community tales from the zombie apocalypse.
- Mercurio Has Balls of Steel
Mercurio educates you on how to hate DNF.
- L.A.Noire Opens the Door to Change
Don’t forget the guys behind the scenes.
- Podcast Episode 142 – E3 2011
For the most comprehensive E3 coverage, we’re up there…ish.
- Final E3 musings
Some final thoughts on E3 2011.
- Mercurio on E3
Did you enjoy E3? Mercurio Silver didn’t.
- Nintendo E3 Conference Round Up
All the juicy news from the Nintendo E3 press conference.
- Sony E3 Conference Round-Up
All the juicy news from the Sony E3 press conference.
- Podcast Episode 141 – Super Injunction
For legal reasons we’re not able to tell you how awesome this show is.
- Microsoft E3 Conference Round-Up
All the juicy news from the Microsoft E3 press conference.
- Mercurio on Apple Products
Mercurio Silver shares his thoughts about the Apple product range.
- Podcast Episode 140 – Delirium
The boys are back, but something’s not right with one of the hosts…
- Mercurio on Castlevania
Mercurio thinks back to his days as a vampire hunter.
- Mercurio Silver on L.A. Noire
Mercurio thinks back to his time in 40s America and ‘fighting’ crime.
- Mercurio Silver on The Atlantic Byte Vortex
Mercurio discusses region specific release dates and their link to The Atlantic Byte Vortex.
- Podcast Episode 139 – Glandular Glee-ver
Holiday gaming, designing a new console and pre-internet porn. It’s all here!
- Making a scene about demos
The Amiga days and demo parties.
- Mercurio on civilization and the referendum
Isn’t the whole point of a dictatorship control over the people?
- Can Someone Bring Akai Katana To Europe?
- Podcast Episode 138 – Duck Butter
It’s an extra day Bank Holiday bonanza show. Royal Weddings FTW!
- Mercurio Silver on the PSN hack
Mercurio shares his thoughts on the PSN hack.
- Podcast Episode 137 – And then?
Another delicious helping of gaming chat and the other stuff that you love.
- Stay a while and listen
Exploring storytelling techniques and their benefits.
- Mercurio Silver on the Royal Wedding
This week Mercurio discusses royal weddings.
- With Portal 2 will more be less?
Exploring the question of quantity vs. quality and how decision can break immersion.
- Download Complete
A closer look at DLC.
- Podcast Episode 136 – The Bad Touch
Mostly accurate gaming chat, mispronunciation & masturbation marathons. All in a day’s work for Matt & Daren.
- Mercurio Silver on Minecraft
This week Mercurio shares his thoughts on Minecraft and domination.
- The best game ever?
The common question stripped back to its purest form.
- Podcast Episode 135 – Reverse Cowgirl
We’re back in the saddle and riding it hard. So mount up for a rootin’ tootin’ boot scootin’ show!
- Mercurio Silver on Nostalgia
The grumpiest immortal you’ve never heard of shares his thoughts on nostalgia and Deus Ex.
- Confessions of a schoolboy pirate
Looking back at ‘old school ‘pirating.
- Podcast Episode 134 – Covered in Win
Close your eyes, open your ears and allow us to unload!
- The Failure Of Failing
Game Over aint what it used to be…
- Podcast Episode 133 – iFap
It’s not what you think….. or is it?
- Diary Of A Cranky Gamer.
Evil fun in the guise of making the world a better place.
- Podcast Episode 132 – The Colonel
Welcome to the podcast blog post simulator!
- MLG Plays MHT: Week 7
Rathian tails and bull’s scrotums dominate this week’s episode.
- Podcast Episode 131 – Too Sexy
Many words have been used to describe your hosts. Sexy is some way down the list!
- MLG Plays MHT: Week 6
Week 6 in the increasingly inaccurate trilogy of MH videos.
- Tetris Killed My Kids!
An in-depth look at the history of media and violence.
- Podcast Episode 130 – Cuddle Him!
The boys are back, and they have words to say about games.
- What Is “Gamocracy” And How Could It Be Better?
Do you have a caged creative beast inside waiting to be unleashed?
- MLG Plays Monster Hunter Tri: Week 5
Four men, one Jaggi.
- Back To The Future: The Game Review
GoddTodd explores the 4th dimension in his review of Back to the Future: The Game
- Podcast Episode 129 – Pretty Ridiculous
Never in the history of podcasting has one word been uttered so often.
- MLG Plays Monster Hunter Tri: Week 4
Wanted: Professional recording person!
- Podcast Episode 128 – Subliminal
Close your eyes, relax and listen to the soft soothing tone of their voices…
- MLG Plays Monster Hunter Tri: Week 3
If Chuck Norris had technical difficulties…
- Is Hand Held Gaming Too Expensive?
Is the latest hand-held console worth an arm and a leg? Discuss.
- Podcast Episode 127 – Blood Orange
Be amazed at what emerges from the mouths of your hosts, from gaming fancy dress to pre coital preparation tips.
- MLG Plays Monster Hunter Tri: Week 2
The boys are all back in the routine of things, now where is that Deviljho?
- The Morality Of Video Games
To kill or not to kill, that is the question.
- Podcast Episode 126 – FAQ Off
The guys have been gaming games, with mispronunciation aplenty & awkward subliminal messaging.
- Nier… Best JRPG In Years?
Some Nier commentary by Mitchell Norton
- Monster Hunter Tri Adventures. The Boys Are Back.
Four brave men come out of retirement for one last job.
- MLG Minecraft Out-takes.
Minecraft + MLG = Hospital
- A Farmers Life for Me Episode 4
Extreme cow tipping! Harder than it looks…
- Is Red Dead THAT Good? I’m Not So Sure….
Game of the year for many, but not for all.
- The Pros and Cons Of Retro Gaming
TheChymist states the importance of Retro games in his first post.
- An Open Apology To Oligon And World Of Warcraft.
NEWSFLASH: Antman apologises for something!
- Podcast Episode 121 – Vajazzled
The last show of the year, so celebrate with us & go decorate a vajajay!
- I Am A Race Car Driver: Part 4
The final part of Xero’s month long exploration of the world of Gran Turismo 5
- Big Sky: The Future Of Retro
The future of gaming is coming from the past with Big Sky.
- Writing Staff’s Game Of The Year Picks 2010
The regular writers at Midlife Gamer give their GOTY picks
- A Farmers Life for Me Episode 3
Drinking bull semen and causing traffic jams. Yep, Greg sure has the hang of farming now!
- An Educated Guess At The Features Of Uncharted 3
Why Sully’s the bad guy, the reasons UC3 won’t look much better than UC2 and the possibility you’ll need friends to complete the game
- Podcast Episode 120 – Soggy Biscuit
The boys are gearing up for Christmas, let them fill your stockings!
- I Am A Race Car Driver: Part 2
TV exposure and a trip to America in this week’s installment of this on-going series
- Gran Turismo 5 Saved My Life.
Games are bad mmmkay? Wrong! I’ll show you why…
- A Farmer’s Life For Me – Episode 2
Farmers with PDAs maximising profit/loss? Heresay! Greg has joined the devil in A Farmers Life For Me: Episode 2.
- Podcast Episode 119 – Badly Packed Kebab
Hot topics this week – Suspiciously named recording artists, dodgy gifts & Lady Gaga.
- I Am A Race Car Driver: Part 1
Xero gets back in the driving seat with Gran Turismo 5 in this special review series.
- A Farmer’s Life For Me – Episode 1
Tired of the rat-race? Join Greg as he goes west into the “good life” with Farming Simulator 2011.
- Midlife Gamer Interviews Criterion Games.
A fantastic interview with Criterion, off the back of their latest title Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. We talk about life, the universe and fancy biscuits.
- Podcast Episode 118 – Moose Knuckle
Hot topics this week – Advice from the future, dealing with young musicians & spandex cycle shorts.
- City of Heroes: Going Rogue. The Ringstinger Cometh…
The Ringstinger returns for his second week. Wrong-doers beware!
- Podcast Episode 117 – Dropping a deuce
Hot topics this week – Terribly good games, near death driving, man-flu and toilet techniques.
- Podcast Episode 116 – Fish Sticks
Hot topics this week – Who’ll buy Harmonix? Pub DJs, a recycled South Park joke and a little MLGlee.
- Deadly Premonition: An Open Letter
Xero writes an open letter to those involved in bringing this bizarre Japanese horror title to the West
- City of Heroes: Going Rogue. A Sideways Double-Take.
Antman battles with the forces of good and evil in his new four week article on City of Heroes: Going Rogue. Start airing out those tights!
- Podcast Episode 115 – Bro’mo-sexual
Hot topics this week – Games, a historical podcast moment & sex-toy bewilderment.
- Podcast Episode 114 – Master Baker
Hot topics this week – Backseat gaming, scary games, fancy dress & a little Star Trek digression.
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Yuji Naka
Xero hooks up with the creator of Sonic to talk about his new game in this very special video interview
- Podcast Episode 113 – Uncle Vader
Hot topics this week – Money-Hats, Halloween considerations, Star Wars toys & Veet.
- How I spent my Extra Life by GoddTodd and PR1NC3
What happened when 2 sterling members of the community played for 24 hours all in the name of charity.
- The MLG Minecraft server update.
Want to see how the Gay Bar is coming along, not to mention Darens AT-AT. Its all here in Antmans follow up video
- Fade to Grey
Mr Mojo Risin isn’t convinced Kinect has legs. How do you see Microsoft’s controller-less solution panning out?
- Hands On: Fallout: New Vegas
Antman went hands on with the latest from Obsidian
- Hands On: Crysis 2
Impressions of Crysis 2 at Eurogamer Expo 2010 from Antman
- Hands On: Dead Space 2
Visceral putting the Dead back into Dead Space. Should just be called Dead Dead 2: The Deadification
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Frogster
Richard Birkett interviews the Project Manager of Frogster, the team who brought Runes of Magic to our fair shores
- Hands On: Gran Turismo 5
It’s been a long time coming for Polyphony Digital’s racer-to-end-all-racers. Does it live up to the billing?
- Hands On: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer
Brendan Caldwell tells us his impressions of his time with Ubisoft’s stealth ‘em up from MLGX
- Hands On: LittleBigPlanet 2
Midlife Gamer get hands-on time with Media Molecule’s darling, LittleBigPlanet 2, at this year’s Eurogamer Expo.
- Activision Blizzard Throws Its Support Behind The EMA
Activision Blizzard and its CEO Bobby Kotick have joined the pre-hearing proceedings in the Schwarzenegger vs. EMA court case.
- Minecraft Alpha: First look
Antman takes you on a journey through Minecraft and even gives you a peek into his and the communities creations
- Eurogamer Expo 2010: Official Midlife Gamer Meet Up
Come and meet up with fellow Midlife Gamers at this year’s Eurogamer Expo.
- Halo: Reach with Robots
Marketing merges video games, real technology, art and Social Networking for the latest Halo franchise release.
- Midlife Gamer Meets: SN Systems
The team behind every game you play on PlayStation 3 speak exclusively to Midlife Gamer, with a rare insight into the inner workings of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc (SCEI)
- Podcast Episode 108 – Crafty Butcher
The “It’s a host’s birthday” episode, with special contributions from members of the community.
- Retrospective: Mastertronic
WindJunky from the Midlife Gamer Community takes us through the life and times of Mastertronic
- Midlife Gamer Meets: thatgamecompany
Marconi talks to the team behind flOw, Flower and the upcoming Journey
- Developer Profile: Media Molecule
Richard Birkett glimpses over the history of one of his favourite studios, Media Molecule. From their humble beginnings in 2006 to creating one of the most recognisable videogame characters on this little, big planet
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Dave Grossman Of Telltale Games
We talk to the team behind the latest Monkey Island, Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max titles
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Mike Amerson Of WET Productions
Xero gets up close and personal with the team behind My Virtual Girlfriend
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Ichiro Lambe of Dejobaan Games
Officially the most bizarre games industry interview you will ever read, Marconi speaks to the team behind ooo! ooO! oOO! OOO!
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Mark Morris Of Introversion
Marconi talks to the team behind Darwinia about financial difficulties, game design philosophy and upcoming release Subversion
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Matt Small Of Vector Unit
We speak to the Creative Director of the team behind the fantastic Hydro Thunder Hurricane
- The role/future of advertising in games.
With the cost of creating a game rising, developers are turning more and more to in-game advertising to help lessen the risk. Does it become to much and what could the future hold for the gaming industry?
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Twisted Pixel Games
Richard Birkett interviews the team behind The Maw, ‘Splosion Man and upcoming action game Comic Jumper
- Developer Profile: Harmonix
Richard Birkett looks at the history of the creators of Rock Band and Guitar Hero
- MLG Meets: Waldi Of HardTruckSite
We speak to the organisers of one of the biggest simulation fan-site in the World
- Developer Profile: Bizarre Creations
MSR, PGR, GW:RE and more highlighted in this week’s DP
- Midlife Gamer Meets: Illfonic
Richard Birkett interviews the developer behind downloadable FPS Nexuiz, new shots exclusive to Midlife Gamer within
- Lets have a look at Bloodbowl
Ever wondered what the deal is behind Blood Bowl? Click here to find out.
- Developer Profile: Relentless Software
The rocky beginnings, the company ethics and their biggest successes: Richard Birkett explores the team behind Buzz!
- Guild Wars 2
Windjunky from the community brings us details on the next installment of Guild Wars
- Runes Of Magic Diary: Week Two
This week, Rusty reaches Varanas, contemplates the life of an NPC and does a lot of walking
- Developer Profile: EA DICE
The first of a new series of articles looking to explore the game companies we care about
- MLG Meets: Masaya Matsuura
We meet the industry legend behind Parappa The Rapper, Vib-Ribbon and brand new handheld project WINtA
- MLG Round Table: Who Won E3?
The MLG staff and regular contributors get together to discuss the show itself and that all important question…
- The Only Glimmer Of Hope For Kinect Is Dance Central
Post 2010 E3 thoughts on Kinect plus why Dance Central could be the one to watch
- Midlife Gamer’s E3 Predictions
New MMOs, motion control, a new Wii, the 360′s death, Lady Gaga, PSN+ and Uncharted 3 – MLG makes its predictions on announcements, reveals and other craziness from the world’s biggest gaming expo.
- 16 Ways To Make Rock Band 3 Awesome
With limitless money and effort, what else could Harmonix do to make Rock Band 3 awesome?
- Halo Reach Beta: Part 2 – Report from the Front Lines
The second part of MonkeysDad’s look at the Halo Reach Beta. The final days are upon us, so what’s new, what’s good, what works, what doesn’t…
- “Playing for rolls” or “Playing the role”
Can video games ever match the true role playing that is Dungeons and Dragons?
- Halo Reach Beta: Part 1 – The First Few Hours
After almost a year of anticipation, the Halo: Reach beta is open to the public. How did the first day go?
- Gaming for couples – The MLG Guide
There’s more than one battery-powered device you can use to keep her happy…
- DLC – Downloadable Con…
DLC’s now a regular part of most games, but are we getting value for money?
- Playing Away – Germany
What exactly is gaming like in other countries, nations and continents? Oli gives his insights into the current gaming climate of Germany.
- Celebs And Their Games
Celebrities and video games have, in the past, often been reduced to mindless endorsements for games they don’t care about and poor license titles. But not any more! See below for a guide on just some of the stars that could pwn yo noob ass! Or something…
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield: Bad Company was a game that had a lot of things going for it, but one of the best parts of the 2008 first-person shooter from EA and DICE was its charming sense of humor. You and your accident-prone squadmates in Bad Company were always getting into some headache or another, and the stupid ...
- Gamerscore Paradise
Credit where credit is due. If anybody plays any retro games, it really makes you appreciate modern games.
An exploration of the negative aspects of retro gaming and retro gaming journalism.
- When MLG went to the Global Games Jam
MLG were lucky enough to attend the Global Game Jam hosted by Mobile Pie to see the behind the scenes workings of how a rag tag group of video game creatives make a game in 48 hours.
- MLG Meets: Rising Star Games
We speak with Yen Hau of Rising Star Games about Way of the Samurai 3, upcoming projects and the state of the Japanese video game industry.
- Gaming and Movies – Irreconcilable Differences
Games and movies have had a tough marriage. They need to call it a day and decide who gets custody of the dog.
- Mass ‘Effection’ – My Love for Bioware’s Baby
I can’t remember the last video game that really got me. Every waking moment spent dissecting strategies and tactics, wondering what the future held for my on-screen counterpart.
- Short back and sides please
With so many other titles to play, what is it about GTA IV’s Liberty City that keeps gamers coming back time and again?
- Midlife Gaming Crisis
Gamers are getting older. Fact! Yet some still struggle to align themselves with a gamer ‘type’ that truly defines them.
- PC Gaming Is Dead, Long Live PC Gaming! Part 2
Xero is a demon
- Roller Disco
Dam those are good legs!
- Top 5 Boobs In Gaming
Boobs should totally be front page
- The Death of the PSP
A games platform will always live or die by the software that is available to it, so what is to become of my beloved Playstation Portable.
- The Way of Nintendo
The Way of Nintendo
- Simply Having A Wonderful (Video Gaming) Christmas Time!
Simply Having A Wonderful (Video Gaming) Christmas Time!