Since making the announcement in September; PlayStation Plus for Vita has been one of the most anticipated developments for both Vita and PS3 owners. The vague announcement previously issued caused many subscribers to the current PlayStation Plus to worry that the introduction of the Vita to their Plus subscription would have a negative impact with Vita games replacing some of the quota of PS3 games within the Instant Game Collection.
With the official announcement today these fears have been quashed.
From November 21st 2012 – for no additional cost to the current subscription – PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive:
- 1GB of online storage for the PlayStation 3
- 1GB of online storage for the PlayStation Vita
- Automatic updates for both PS3 and Vita
- Automatic Trophy syncing for both PS3 and Vita
- The 10 game PS3 Instant Collection
- The 4 game Vita Instant Collection
As with the PS3 Instant Collection, the Vita Instant collection will feature two games that will be around slightly longer than the others. For the launch these titles will be:
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss; Nathan Drakes first expedition on the Vita and sees him investigating the massacre of a Spanish expedition.
- Gravity Rush; Taking on the role of Kat, a young girl whilst struggling with amnesia awakes to find she can bend and shape gravity.
The two additional launch titles are:
- Chronovolt; A brand new 3D puzzle platformer which appears to be influenced by Marble Madness and utilises many of aspects of the Vitas functions.
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack; A light hearted side scrolling platform game with humorous cut scenes and enjoyable mechanics.
To celebrate the launch of PlayStation Plus on the Vita, Sony have announced that for the first week a number of selected titles will have a 20% reduction. These titles are:
- Escape Plan
- Unit 13
- Hustle Kings (Cross Buy)
- Motorstorm RC
- Super Stardust Delta and Advanced Star Fighter Bundle
- Top Darts (Cross Buy)
- Little Deviants
- Modnation Racers: Road Trip
- Reality Fighters
Finally, in answer to a lot of fans queries in regards to the US version of Vita Plus having two more games (Wipeout and Final Fantasy Tactics), Sony have announced that there will be a number of “surprises” over the coming months for EU subscribers.
With PS3 only owners not wanting to miss out, the price of Vita bundles coming down and the overall value of the Vita continuing to rise, I think Santa may have to work that little bit harder come December 25th delivering bundles and larger memory cards.